Part-Time Business Manager Position
Immanuel United Church of Christ is seeking a part time Business Manager. IUCC’s mission is to carry Christ’s love to all as a healing, helping presence in the world. This role will support the church’s vision by valuing all people, visitors and congregants alike, welcoming all inclusively and lovingly as God would. This role is financially focused, requires strong communication skills, manages building usage, and supports the Pastor, Minister of Education and Youth, Director of Music, and Custodian as needed. The position requires 25 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Salary will be negotiated based upon experience.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Reporting: Manage accounts and create reports that cover church financials, pledges and gifts, and audit requirements
- Accounting and Payroll: Prepare payroll semi-monthly, ensure proper accounting of
- Tax filings: Prepare required tax filings including W-2s and documents for financial auditors
- Bulletins: Prepare weekly worship materials in close communication with Pastoral staff
- Monthly newsletter: Collect and edit articles, compile and distribute via mail or electronically
- Membership Rolls: Maintain database of memberships including new members and baptisms. Working understanding of ChurchWindows is a plus
- Social Media: Work in conjunction with Pastoral staff to create social media posts to further activities and mission
- Attend Weekly Staff meetings
- Serve as a welcoming presence to all who come to IUCC as a visitor or program participant during the week
- Contracts: Develop and ensure compliance with building use contracts including rental payments
- Scheduling: Managing booking calendar and coordination between groups and congregation
Other administrative duties as required.
If interested, please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.